- How should I prepare?
- Will I feel pain?
- Will I be unconscious?
- Will I be monitored?
- Will someone need to accompany me?
- •Take the prescribed pill Diazapam about 30 minutes prior to bedtime.
- •No eating, drinking, or smoking after midnight, nor should you take any medication that is not approved by Dr. Bryson the morning of your appointment.
- •The morning of your appointment, take the prescribed drug Triazolam 1 hour prior to your appointment time.
- •Make sure you have someone drive you to and from your appointment. You should arrive at our office at 7:00 a.m.
- •Wear comfortable clothing; you may want to dress in layers.
- •No fingernail polish or acrylic nails.
- •No grapefruit juice or extracts 7 days prior to your appointment.
- •No drinking alcohol or caffeinated beverages within 24 hours of your appointment.
- •You should wait to drive for 24 hours after your appointment.
- •No walking up and down stairs by yourself for 24 hours after your appointment.
No. You will feel nothing!
No, you will be in a relaxed state, you will be responsive at all times.
Yes, one of our experienced clinical team members will be monitoring your vital signs during the entire visit. You are never left alone.
Yes. Due to the sedative effects of the medication, you will need someone to drive you to our office and home again.
Sedation dentistry can allow you to have multiple dental procedures performed with less anxiety.
Please contact us today to see if Sedation Dentistry may be an option for you!Contact Us