Please contact us if you have any questions.
- The purpose of wearing a mago is to correct the jaw to make the muscles relax.
- People who are a good candidate for a mago are those who experience jaw pain, jaw fatigue, headaches, or someone who has a lot of wear on the biting surfaces of their teeth.
- In most cases, people who wear the mago notice a difference in the first week of wearing it.
- When wearing a mago the patient may notice an increase in saliva. This will usually last a two week period.
- Sometime patients may also notice a decrease in their tasting ability. This may last two months.
- Usually when wearing a mago the patient will notice difficulty in speaking at first. It will take sometime to adjust.
- We recommend reading a newspaper out loud daily until you notice a difference.
- We recommend wearing this appliance 24 hours a day except when cleaning your teeth and the appliance.
- When drinking soda or juice with a mago in we recommend brushing your teeth and mago afterward.
- To take care of the mago you will need to brush it daily with a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- You can also soak it in diluted Listerine during the time you do not wear it.
- You should notice over time your jaw muscles feel better and relaxed.
- If you notice increased jaw pain when wearing the appliance you need to contact us.